Mar 18, 2008

Prayers to an Unknown God

I have always loved the Acts account that details how Paul the Apostle helps the Greeks identify their Unknown God. I wonder if you will remain hidden much longer or if some apostle is on the horizon that will help me see as well. There is something poetic about prayers to a God that I cannot define, and yet the irony of it all is more than a little disheartening.

My spirit tells me that you have been defined (at least as much as one with breath can comprehend). My spirit tells me to open the book and to absorb the community and that I will hear your voice in their midst. My spirit tells me to listen and to be Holy and that I will find you there, but I want you to be more tangible than that. I don't think you should be so much work to get to know.

No comments: